Playstation 3 Firmware 1.80 Released
Posted by Aaron on Monday, June 4, 2007
Playstation 3 Firmware 1.80 has been released. One of the more notable updates in this version is the ability to upscale PS,PS2 games as well as DVD movies to 1080p! Here is a summary of the updates:
You can now upscale the video content of PlayStation® format software, PlayStation®2 format software, and DVDs to HD resolution.
You can now copy saved data from PlayStation® format software and PlayStation®2 format software to a memory card or a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2).
You can now display images or play music or video files that are stored on a personal computer or digital video recorder with DLNA Media Server functionality over a network.
You can now connect a USB printer to print images.
You can now use remote play over the Internet.
Check out the full list of updates after the jump 🙂
Other new or revised features in version 1.80:
* [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
* [RGB Full Range (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
* [Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-White (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
* [Bitmapping (Super Audio CD)] has been added as an option under [Music Settings].
* The [Test Camera] option under [Accessory Settings] has been changed to [Camera Device Settings].
* [Printer Settings] has been added.
* [Media Server Connection] has been added as an option under [Network Settings]
* You can now edit CD information.
* A new type of slideshow display pattern has been added.
* You can now use zoom display for images.
* You can now trim images.
* Super-White and x.v.Color output are now supported.
* Downscaled output of Blu-ray Discs is now supported. When 720p is selected as the video output setting of the PS3™ system, Blu-ray Discs that were recorded in 1080p or 1080i resolution can be played in 720p resolution.
* You can now move copy-prohibited saved data for PlayStation® format software and PlayStation®2 format software to a PS3™ system.
* The options menu items under [Download Management] have been changed.
* [Display Photo] has been added to the voice / video chat options menu.
To download the update simply use he System Update feature on your PS3 under Settings.
U.S. users can download the update directly to their computer here.