MotorStorm Update in mid-May
Posted by Jay on Friday, April 27, 2007
A MotorStorm 1.2 patch will be released next month, implementing fixes and adding a few new features. Most of these deal with the online play, but a thing to note is that all online rankings will be reset. With all the new features, it would be a nice clean start for everyone.
1. Game List Improvement: ‘Game Status’ is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you’ll be able to join and race promptly.
2. Host Identification: Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a ‘host’ icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.
3. Boost Exploit: A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.
4. Buddy List Size: This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.
5. Text Cut-off: When playing in standard definition all messages will now display as intended.
6. Improved Stability Online: Online gameplay stability has been improved.
7. Audio issues: All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.
8. Player Ranking: Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly. Evolution and Sony apologise for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable ranking system for all players.
9. Auto-Start: Races will be forced to start after a fixed countdown which should dramatically reduce the waiting times in lobbies. Hosts may delay this countdown up to three times.
10. Save Data Corruption: When quitting the game using the PS button it was possible to corrupt the save game data. This will no longer occur.
11. Lobby Information: Upcoming track and current lap details will be displayed in lobbies.
12. Vehicle Damage: When restarting a single player race during a death camera the damage wasn’t always reset at the start of the next race. This has now been resolved.
13. Missing Audio: Audio effects were missing from the death camera, these have now been reinstated.
14. Name Tags: Added ability to switch the player name tags on / off during online races using a single button press (L1).