New Info on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
Posted by Jay on Monday, March 19, 2007
For you Naughty Dog fans, here’s some latest info on their new game…
The recently not-so-secret Naughty Dog title for the PS3: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune has come up on the latest issue of Game Informer. Here’s what the folks at the NeoGAF forums have discerned from the article.
* Winter ’07 release
* Single-player, apparently
* So far, 50 minutes of cinematics (GI said that the game’s presentation actually makes the PS3’s price not as difficult to understand… or… something. It’s impressive, they say)
* Animation scheme allows for unique ways of doing things — an example used was for taking cover behind a pillar. There were nine screenshots of Drake hiding behind the same pillar, each time in a completely different stance. The final game is said to have 3,000 animation modifications for doing such actions.
* SIXAXIS allows for balancing stuff, like crossing a narrow log or whatever
* Drake will visibly grow tired when running, shown in his running animation and facial features. How neat, I grow visibly tired from running too!
* Soundtrack, graphics, special effects… all are looking insanely gorgeous.
Game Informer sums up the premise and gameplay this way: “It’s Die Hard meets Indiana Jones, with gameplay that goes back to Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider and gun segments like Gears of War. Ultimately however, it’s a new genre that’s unclassifiable at this point.” They talked about their hands-on time with the game, too. It sounds like a lot of fun. Probably because I’m biased about exploring ancient ruins. Awesome stuff. Looking forward to this one!
source: PS3 Fanboy